Hungarian Museum of Photography
HUNGARIAN MUSEUM OF PHOTOGRAPHY IS CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
Due to restrictions made in order to avoid health hazards around the coronavirus, Hungarian Museum of Photography is closed until further notice.
Kecskemét, Katona József tér 12.
6001 Kecskemét, Pf.: 446
GPS: N 46.90520, E 19.69427
E-mail: fotomuzeum [at] fotomuzeum [dot] hu
Tuesday – Saturday, 12 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Adults: 500,- HUF
Students, Pensioners: 300,- HUF
Wednesday from 11 am. to 1 pm. and from 2 pm. to 4 pm. Previous booking is required.
The services of the Hungarian Museum of Photography
Among others, the following subjects can be researched in the Hungarian Museum of Photography:
- the life and work of Hungarian and foreign photographers
- the history of Hungarian and foreign exhibitions
- the history of institutions related to photography
- the technical history of photography
- we keep published books, manuscripts and studies related to photography's history, theory and aesthetics
- interviews available on video or audio (supports)
- determination of photographs as art objects
- conservation, restoration and theoretical advice
- assessment of the value of photographs
- writing of photographer biographies, information services
- research services in the library and the Museum’s collection
- purchase and sale of original photos, cameras and documents related to photography
- sale of copies of works of art from the museum
- establishment of realistic facsimiles
organization and arrangement of temporary exhibitions and travelling exhibitions