Hungarian Museum of Photography
Due to austerity measures, the Hungarian Museum of Photography will be closed until 28 February 2023.
Kecskemét, Katona József tér 12.
6001 Kecskemét, Pf.: 446
GPS: N 46.90520, E 19.69427
E-mail: fotomuzeum [at] fotomuzeum [dot] hu
Tuesday – Saturday, 12 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Adults: 500,- HUF
Students, Pensioners: 300,- HUF
Wednesday from 11 am. to 1 pm. and from 2 pm. to 4 pm. Previous booking is required.
The services of the Hungarian Museum of Photography
Among others, the following subjects can be researched in the Hungarian Museum of Photography:
- the life and work of Hungarian and foreign photographers
- the history of Hungarian and foreign exhibitions
- the history of institutions related to photography
- the technical history of photography
- we keep published books, manuscripts and studies related to photography's history, theory and aesthetics
- interviews available on video or audio (supports)
- determination of photographs as art objects
- conservation, restoration and theoretical advice
- assessment of the value of photographs
- writing of photographer biographies, information services
- research services in the library and the Museum’s collection
- purchase and sale of original photos, cameras and documents related to photography
- sale of copies of works of art from the museum
- establishment of realistic facsimiles
organization and arrangement of temporary exhibitions and travelling exhibitions